Monday, November 9, 2009

The First Week







Well, it's been over a week and I am just eating this whole mom thing up. Probably because I had the pleasure and blessing of having my beautiful mother there with me for the first week. She really was a life saver. Especially with making sure my home stayed clean, laundry was done, that I had all I needed and that I could get caught up on sleep a little. In addition to my mother I have had some of the best meals for the past two weeks. My adorable, sweet, thoughtful and kind sister (yes, sister not just sister-in-law!) Beth has came over basically every night and made us these delicious gourmet meals. (I know that any new mom would just die to have this blessing. How am I so fortunate?). So, I would like to thank Beth(and Bryce, and Smith) and my mom for making motherhood such a smooth and pleasant transition. Besides the whole nursing thing I don't have much to complain about (it's a lot harder than I thought). Instead I have just loved being able to wake up to my little man and watching his adorable facial expressions while sleeping. Since my last post we've been to the doctor and Dresden is back up to his birth weight and everything seems to be good.



In addition to the few emotional spouts I've had we had a big scare the sunday after Dresden was born when my puppy got ran over. Yes, I have to tell about my dog (some may think I'm silly for doing so, but I consider her another one of my babies). Scott called me sunday and told me that there was an accident with Izzy. My initial thought was "that little stinker ran out into the street again" but it wasn't that. Because of the quietness of my in-laws hybrid car the goofy dog didn't hear it and got ran over. As if I wasn't emotional enough this caused me to be hysterical. I don't think I have cried so hard in my life (well, maybe not). I was so lucky that she was in good hands with Jon and the doctor because Monday morning I woke up to Scott saying "Izzy, go get mommy!" She somehow managed to not have a single bone broken, only some bruising on her lungs and heart. She now is back to her old self and I am so greatful for prayers. She is definitely a miracle dog.

7 comments:

KT said...

Okay Dresden is sooooo cute! I think he looks a lot like Scott, just dark haired. Wish I could be there!

Leslie & Chris said...

Just know that it just gets better and better! Being a mom is seriously the greatest blessing!

Tori and/or Clark said...

yeah to the first week!

sistatee said...

Soooooo Cute!!! I'm so grateful for your strength and determination to do all you can for your little Dresden. He is adorable. Grandma Maas saw this tonight and said, "Oh, she's pretty." She saw a picture of you and Scott and Dresden and commented on how cute you were and said, "Scott is goodlooking also." You are such a cute family.

Nicole said...

Congratulations! He is adorable. I am so happy for you guys! Hopefully we can see you over the holidays.

steph said...

Congratulations on your sweet little boy! He is totally precious. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Stacie Brown said...

Dresden is so cute! I can't believe he is smiling already! Glad you are enjoying motherhood so much. As you said, you are blessed to have such a loving and helpful family.

We will come visit soon!